Over the past few years, we have seen a rapid increase in the popularity of video marketing on YouTube as well as on Facebook. In fact, posting videos on Facebook is an excellent way to boost engagement and get more likes. Also, you can Buy Real Facebook Likes. However, YouTube still remains the top video marketing network. Here are some tips on how you can get more viewers to see your videos on YouTube.
Do you know that most users decide to watch your videos based on their titles? If the title is boring and non-engaging, users are more likely to not click through to watch the video. So, how do you come up with engaging titles? Research has shown that one factor that makes YouTube titles engaging is the short length. The average number of words per title is 10.2 and the number of average characters per title in 37.5. Videos with shorter title receive more views. Another study concluded that titles including 41-70 characters receive 64% more views as compared to titles with 70 or more characters. Hence, the key to getting more views on your videos is to make the titles as short and concise as possible. Moreover, if your video is made to be easily searchable, don’t forget to include keywords in the title so that it is easier for other people to discover.
Search Engine Ranking
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, that people use to find solutions to their problems or obtain specific information. To increase the chances of your videos showing up higher in the search results, you need to implement some practices for search engine optimization.
- Include target keywords in your titles and descriptions
- Mention these keywords in your video so that it can help YouTube better understand what the video is about
- YouTube uses engagement to determine where to rank the video
- Use categories to help YouTube understand who should see your videos
- Adding tags to videos gives YouTube more context about your content.
The thumbnail of your video is what will make it stand out among all other videos. One of the most effective ways to grab viewers’ attention is to use custom thumbnails. By default, YouTube picks a screenshot from your video and uses it for the thumbnail, and sometimes the images that it chooses is a blurry shot. These default thumbnails are not appealing enough to make people click to watch the video. Hence, go for creating custom thumbnails for every video you upload. Also, you can create a template with a particular font and style to make it more consistent and on-brand.
Last but not the least, if the above tactics don’t work for you, you can always invest money on YouTube ads. The platform offers a variety of different ad formats that can be used depending on the marketing objectives.
- Bumper ads: non-skippable ads of minimum six seconds, that have to be entirely watched before a viewer can watch their video.
- Display ads: they are only available on desktop and show up on the right sidebar of videos.
- Overlay ads: semi-transparent ads that are displayed on the bottom of the video. These are also only available on desktop.
- Skippable and non-skippable video ads: they show up before, during and after the video. While skippable ads can be skipped after five seconds, non-skippable ads have to be watched entirely before the user can watch their video.
- Sponsored cards: these get displayed within the relevant videos and can be used to promote your products and other content.
Furthermore, for the ad creatives, you can use an existing video and come up with new for a specific campaign. With an existing video, you can be certain about its effectiveness and how well it resonates with the audience. If a video has received a lot of views and engagement organically, then using it for paid ads will give you good returns. On the other hand, creating a new video for your ad will give better targeting options.
– Article originally appeared on The SocioHawk blog.