YouTube is one of the most popular networks in the world, where millions of videos are uploaded each day. This opens doors for novice musicians to share their content, promote themselves and make revenue. In case you are not getting enough views on your videos, you can Buy Real YouTube Views.
Money per View
Although the exact amount of money that an artist can make varies depending on several factors, on average, they can earn somewhere between $1000 and $2000 on a million views. This is equivalent to earning $0.002 per click. However, this is not the end of the story. If you are a signed musician, there are various other people who have a share in what you earn; such as a manager, lawyer, songwriter, or a producer. All of them receive a fraction of your earnings. So, an artist earning $1000 will have a few hundred bucks after giving everyone their share. But if you get signed to a major label, you can make more money because of higher ad rates.
Also Read: YouTube Reports to Collect Viewers’ Data
One of the major ways an artist makes money on YouTube is by other users using their content, which is referred to as user-generated content or UGC. This means that if your song is used in someone’s makeup tutorial, BMX video or birthday party, you are entitled to have all that money. A lot of user-generated content is quickly caught automatically through the platform’s Content ID System. It compares any audio posted on YouTube with the master files of the songs. Studies have estimated that the system catches about 60% of the stuff out there.
Promoting and Earning
Primarily, the money is generated through advertisements. Costs of advertisements vary depending on their target audience, that is the demographics and location of the consumer. As the owner of the content and the channel, you have the right to choose what ads your viewers see. You can make sure that ads from certain companies, like liquor brands or astrologers, do not appear on your videos. Similarly, you can ban ads from specific websites as well. For instance, if you do not want a competitor’s label to buy your ad space, you can disallow that. Furthermore, there are other ways through which artists can promote their music and make money.
- Branded content: some agencies or brands collaborate with the musician on YouTube for integrated campaigns, individual videos and shout-outs across various platforms. The rates for these collaborations vary depending on how popular an artist is along with intellectual property and length of commitment.
- Merchandise: Fans love to buy merchandise from their favorite musicians. You can provide viewers with a link to approved merchandise websites. This will enable you to sell posters, T-shirts and other accessories.
- Albums: Similar to merchandise, a musician can include a link to their online store or approved websites that is selling their music downloads, DVDs, CDs and vinyls.
- Touring: YouTube is a great platform to announce concert tour dates as you can quickly reach your fans. Share tour trailer or teaser, backstage or behind-the-scenes moments, your vlogs from different tour locations or recorded live performances, for effective tour promotions.
Connecting with the Fans
Engaging with the audience and replying to their comments is one of the powerful ways to build a YouTube community that loves and shares your content. In the long-term, this can mean growth for your music and channel. Look for what viewers are saying in the comments section of every video. This will help you determine the things you need to improve upon and the things you are doing great. Checking and replying to comments within a few hours of posting the new video results in higher fan engagement. If you do not know what to reply, you can simply reward meaningful comments with hearts, by selecting the heart icon next to the comment.
– Article originally appeared on The SocioHawk blog.