The best marketers are the ones who have an effective strategy for segmenting and targeting their audiences. Having your message reach to the right people and at the right time is extremely important; in fact, it is the factor that can significantly improve your marketing results. However, with the continuous growth of Facebook and Instagram, it has become more challenging than ever to reach the users who would be interested in your content. Speaking about reaching the audience, you can also Buy Real Instagram Followers and fans for Facebook pages. Nonetheless, here is the audience segmentation information for Facebook and Instagram to help you out.
With more than 2 billion daily active users on Facebook, the platform is the online market leader for social media networks. So, how can use this major network to reach the audiences who are interested in your brand? Here are various Facebook demographics based on age, location, education and income.
Considering the age demographics, statistics have revealed that:
- 62% of 65+ year old use Facebook
- 72% of 50 to 64-year old use Facebook
- 84% of 30 to 49-year olds use Facebook
- 88% of 18 to 29-year olds use Facebook
Furthermore, these demographics continue to skew greatly toward women, where 83% of adult women use the platform as compared to the 75% of men.
It is essential to know the location of your core demographic as it offers a distinct benefit on making your brand more noticeable. Facebook allows page owners to select particular regions to see users on the platform, located by country, region or state. However, the top countries where the network is most used includes:
- Brazil: 7% of the Facebook audience
- India: 10% of the Facebook audience
- Indonesia: 5% of the Facebook audience
- Mexico: 4% of the Facebook audience
- US: 12% of the Facebook audience
In addition to this, 81% of the users living in urban areas, 81% of the users living in rural areas and 77% of the users living in suburban areas use Facebook.
Since Facebook was originally made for college students, it is sensible to know that college graduates are leading in the education demographics, where 82% users with some college experience, 79% users who graduated college and 77% of users with high school diploma or less use the social media network.
Moving on, when crafting segment targets, it is crucial to consider the distinct income levels of the group. Although, for most companies, these targets are already determined depending on the services or products, knowing the income for your Facebook audience targeting can be very helpful.
- 75% of people who make over $75,000 use Facebook
- 77% of people who make between $50,000–$74,999 use Facebook
- 80% of people who make between $30,000–$49,999 use Facebook
- 84% people who make less than $30,000 use Facebook
Also Read: 5 Predicted Instagram Trends of 2018
With more than 800 million monthly active users on Instagram, it is no surprise that the image and video sharing app has become one of the major networks to reach the audience online. In addition to this, the introduction of Instagram advertising has further made the platform a more critical space for marketers and advertisers. However, to make the most of its advertising features, it is necessary to make sure that your message is reaching the right audience. Here are age, gender, location and education demographics for Instagram to help you segment your audience more carefully.
Although the platform is mostly used by younger generations, statistics from social media reports show that older people are also starting to embrace the app. The statistics revealed that:
- 18% of 50 to 64-year olds use Instagram
- 33% of 30 to 49-year olds use Instagram
- 59% of 18 to 29-year olds use Instagram
- 8% of people 65+ use Instagram
Among all these age groups, the women are the dominant users. 38% of online women use the platform as compared to the 28% of online men.
You may think that Instagram users in the city have more content to capture and post, but users from rural and suburban areas are on the rise as well. The location demographics for Instagram are as follows:
- 28% of adults living in suburban areas use Instagram
- 31% of adults living in rural areas use Instagram
- 39% of adults living in urban areas use Instagram
Previously, social media reports showed that Instagram was one of the few social platforms whose main demographic did not have college experience. However, data collected recently revealed that trends have changed dramatically.
- 27% of users with a high school diploma or less use Instagram
- 33% of users who graduated college use Instagram
- 37% of users with some college experience use Instagram
– Article originally appeared on The SocioHawk blog.