The two game-changing platforms of 2017, Facebook and YouTube, have become equally efficient to market video content. If you are a brand who is looking to promote their video content, you might have come across the questions, where should you put more marketing efforts, Facebook or YouTube? Which platform will get you more followers and more views? In case you want to quickly increase your YouTube viewer count, you can Buy Real YouTube Views. To help you and other marketers out there, here is a comparison of the two platforms.
Picking what platform best suits your case depends on your marketing objectives; that is what you aim to achieve through your content. Both the platforms work differently and can be used for different purposes. Facebook could be a well-suited video-sharing platform if you are looking for branding and want to promote your newly established brand. When you upload videos directly on the platform, you are rewarded because Facebook obviously prefers directly uploaded videos rather than embeds from any third-party sources. Hence, if you are directly uploading the content on Facebook, chances are more users will be able to see it and more viewers means more likes, shares and comments.
On the other hand, if your social media marketing objective is to get a great revenue share, build an audience over time and great SEO integration with full access to the audience, then YouTube can be a better choice for you. On YouTube, a content creator receives 55% of the ad revenue when the ad is played, while Google, being YouTube’s parent company holds the rest 45%. Moreover, YouTube has very good search engine optimization, which can prove to be very useful for those who are already using SEO for their content marketing and are looking forward to establishing a greater correlation. Also, the platform offers you more capabilities and features to build your fanbase over time. Despite the vast competition, you still have the potential to develop a loyal followership.
Also Read: Branding on YouTube
Quality vs. Quantity
To determine which is a better social media network for sharing video content, you will need to segment your content and audience across both platforms and then decide which content is best served on YouTube and the same for Facebook. However, this may not be as simple it seems, because Facebook counts a video viewed after only three seconds, whereas YouTube does not count videos viewed until user watches it for at least thirty seconds. This brings us to the conclusion that for YouTube is for quality and Facebook is for quantity.
Moreover, research has showed that Facebook videos earn more impressions as compared to YouTube videos. If you are looking to launch a Facebook video advertising campaign, the platform’s cost per thousand impressions (CPM) is much cheaper than that of YouTube. This means that you can get three times better results on Facebook than on YouTube by spending the same amount.
Another example how Facebook promotes quantity can be seen from its auto play feature. When it comes to the number of times video watched, Facebook will again give you better results because the next video starts playing automatically. However, if you take out the auto play feature and focus on the quality, you will come to the same conclusion that YouTube outperforms Facebook. Experiments have shown that views on YouTube lasted much longer than that on Facebook. If you compare the completion rates of videos, it is around 75% on YouTube, and only 13% on Facebook.
YouTube’s suggested feature is a great way to drive traffic to new content. If you us popular, yet appropriate tags for your videos, they are more likely to show up in suggestions against similar videos. Also, YouTube offers way more collaborative opportunities for YouTubers by linking in videos to users producing similar content. Moreover, user-generated content capabilities are exclusive and extensive to YouTube, which is useful for pushing towards a new video.
On the other hand, Facebook is continuously ramping up its video content and updating its video features to keep users engaged and producing more videos. With the platform’s recently introduced feature to search for specific videos, it seems like YouTube is losing the number of unique features that it has compared to Facebook. As far as Facebook updates are concerned, Facebook Live is a wonderful feature that has resulted more and more video content emerging on users’ news feeds.
– Article originally appeared on The SocioHawk blog.